Lorelai

Lorelai

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Winter Break Reading

It's winter break.
One thing that saddens me is that it always includes Valentines Day. Why can't it be the week before or after? In most countries, Valentines Day is not just a romantic thing, it's just a day to show love in general. I like to think of it like a mini Christmas. It'd be nice to give gifts on such a day. My school did candy grams this year, it was a bit small. I don't know if it reflects our lack of expressing love lately, that not many people got involved. Sending or receiving a candy gram sounds nice. I'm making up for it by buying something for a friend. It's a surprise.
I remember Secret Santas, that's more popular than candy grams. It's the same concept, though. *Sigh
This is turning into a reflection or a journal entry.Image result for valentines day sad heart
Alright, I'm trying to read a little, as I've mentioned before, it's harder to read for fun nowadays. There's reading assignments not just from English class and you have to go just as deep. I checked my Goodreads, to read/available at the library shelf and I chose:
Image result for an abundance of katherines
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green


















This one is giving me a Going-Bovine-by-Libba-Bray-feel  and I don't like it. I didn't get to finish that book...sadly. The plot was good, a little sad, but it got redundant and I got bored. I don't like saying that since the story was sad and the idea was deep. There were some really good chapters, but some really bad ones too and those dragged the whole team down. I'm sorry Libba. John Green, though, I read The Fault in our Stars and a compilation of short stories, Let It Snow. He's really good, I thought. That's the reason that I'm not going make quick judgments and I'm going to try to stick it through. Let's cross our fingers, shall we?


Image result for lost lake sarah addison allenLost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen

I've read some books by this author before like her acclaimed, Garden Spells, her quirky Sugar Queen and the sequel to Garden Spells, First Frost(in that order). That's why I thought I'd read this one. When I read Garden Spells, I thought her writing was a different genre. I'm sure there's a word they use to describe it. I found some books similar to hers by different authors like, Nowhere but Home by Liza Palmer. Unfortunately, the library only has the ebook version, what do I need that for? On this subject, there's this kindle commercial where you can flip the pages so it seems like you're reading a real book. I can't with that commercial, just get a real book for goodness sakes. *deep breath
I'm good now, but I'm worried that Lost Lake isn't going to be my cup of tea. I don't know why. I liked the first chapter. It's this weird feeling I'm getting, it's a bit worrying. If it doesn't work out, though, I have an understudy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment