Lorelai

Lorelai

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Summer Reading 2016

Station Eleven

Emily St. John Mandel

National Book Award for Fiction
Goodreads Choice Awards Best Fiction
GRT Book Choice
GHS Summer Reading Mandatory Read

With all this information, especially since I wrote my SRP on Book awards which covered how books associated with Book Awards seem to automatically be considered for a school's choice of reading; I thought that this was going to be a textbook 'not as good as everyone says' scenario.
I was wrong.
Image result for surprised emoji
This is one of the few times when I have to admit that...I mean it, really. 

I'm actually still currently reading it, but I think I can still form an opinion about the book, just like when the first chapter of a book is really bad and you hate the book. Some of us throw in the towel and others (like me) give it a chance and read the second chapter. Most of the time when I do this, I still throw in the towel in the end, but it makes me feel like a better person.
Anyways back on subject...Station Eleven, this novel deserves its nominations. It is so deservant..so worthy!
Image result for praise
There's one of those short review type quotes on the cover that I agree with 100%. It says that Station Eleven is fearlessly imagined, once you read this novel, you will completely understand this. All I ask is...don't make a movie. Please, movies disappoint everyone, don't make a movie.
Image result for truth

No comments:

Post a Comment