Lorelai

Lorelai

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Tale of Two Cities

We read A Tale Of Two Cities in English class. At first, I thought this isn't a good idea, I should read this independently not as a class, but my teacher planned the class in a way that even the most inattentive of the group got the jest of what was going on in the book.
Charles Dickens is a very good writer, a genius in his use of figurative language which I did not fail to keep pointing out in my essay. We watche an biography on him and (don't yell at me) I found out he's the author of Oliver Twist. I did not know that, but I only watched the movie, and did not read the book. I found out that a lot of funny sayings are actually quotes from his books.  

"please sir, may I have some more" 
 Image result for oliver twist 
"Bahumbug!" 

 Image result for scrooge
"God bless us everyone"
Image result for god bless us everyone Image result for it was the best of times it was the worst of times\"It was the best of times it was the worst of times...

No comments:

Post a Comment